Add USB 3.0 and eSATA 6G storage to your compatible Windows or Mac system with the Mercury Elite Pro Dual 2-Bay USB 3.0 RAID Enclosure from OWC / Other World Computing. This enclosure is pre-configured for RAID 0 via hardware and is designed for creative workflows, HD video, project archives, and system backups in environments ranging from production studios to home offices. When configured as RAID 0, this enclosure provides data transfer speeds up to 407 MB/s.
Within the enclosure are two SATA III 3.5″ drive bays. While no drives are included with the Mercury Elite Pro Dual, they are required for use and once installed, can be hardware configured as RAID 0, 1, SPAN, or Independent modes, each of which offers performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both. However, please be aware this enclosure is hardware configured as a RAID 0 volume, which provides increased read and write speeds, but no data redundancy. Another advantage of this enclosure shipping with no drives is that users will be able to outfit it with drives of their choice.
This volume will be recognized on systems running OS X 10.6.8 and later, as well as Windows XP and later. When connected to a compatible Mac via USB, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual may also be used as a boot drive, and connectivity is achieved using an integrated 5 Gb/s USB 3.0 Type-B port, or an integrated 6 Gb/s eSATA 6G port. For those who do not have USB 3.0, the USB 3.0 port is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 at speeds up to 480 Mb/s. To help ensure a smooth operating environment, the enclosure uses a cooling fan, and its included 100~240 VAC power supply runs at 50/60 Hz to help ensure worldwide compatibility.
Also included with the with the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual is a 2.0′ USB 3.0 Type-B to Type-A cable, a 3.3′ eSATA 6G cable, and a power cable. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty that includes complimentary Level 1 data recovery for one year.
- 2 x SATA III 3.5″ Drive Bays
- 1 x USB 3.0 Type-B & 1 x eSATA 6G Ports
- RAID 0, 1, SPAN, and Independent Modes
- Pre-Configured as RAID 0
- Hardware RAID Workhorse
- Reliable hardware RAID maximizes the full potential of two 3.5″ 7200 rpm hard drives in the Mercury Elite Pro Dual. It comes configured in high-speed RAID 0 mode for the high sustained throughput from your drives
- Performance by Design – Mercury Elite Pro Dual features both high-speed USB 3.0 (also known as USB 3.0) and eSATA 6G ports to offer the connectivity and versatility to work with your current equipment at fast speeds
Supplier Warranty: 24 Months